Campaign Director Job Description
Applicant deadline: December 27nd, please send resume to Morgan Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: December 28/29th, 2017
Classification & Title: Full-Time, Campaign Director for the Iowa Coalition for Retirement Security
Anticipated Start Date: January 2, 2018 (6-month contract)
Supervisor: Position takes directions from the executive council of the Coalition
Overview: The position will be based in office space at the Iowa State Education Association for approximately 40 hours a week. The employee will be expected to implement a campaign plan the Coalition for Retirement Security has adopted. The employee will communicate with stakeholders, coordinate all media and public documentation, and organize pension members and the general public to stop legislative attacks on state public retirement systems through grassroots lobbying efforts. The position requires the employee to be self-motivated and requires skills in organizing, research and media relations. The position also requires a vehicle, and flexible hours.
Pay: Dependent on experience, $3,500-$4,000/month
- Grassroots Advocacy
- Organize Iowans and stakeholders to engage in grassroots lobbying efforts with state elected officials (legislative and executive branches)
- Utilize given information to create educational content for grassroots advocacy
- Organize events such as phone banks, rallies, and town halls with stakeholders to promote mission of Coalition
- Public Relations & Media Communications
- Develop and implement PR strategies that include but are not limited to written communications, public events, and press opportunities
- Update and maintain Coalition website and social media with campaign and educational content in a timely manner
- Create talking points, flyers, and or posters for distribution to Coalition Partners
- Coordinate conference calls, editorial boards, track relevant media and work with national partners gathering current media and research of use to coalition partners
- Prepare and present written updates and status of media strategies to Coalition partners weekly
- Coordination of Coalition Partners and Operations
- Schedule meetings, produce agenda, and participate in consensus building of partners
- Regularly update Coalition Partners via email, conference calls and regular scheduled meetings
- Update and coordinate with outside coalition advocates, speakers and national partners
Minimum/Essential Qualifications: Employee must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills, including the ability to communicate financial data as well as able to familiarize themselves with the Iowa Public Employees Retirement System, Municipal Fire and Police Retirement System of Iowa (411 System) and other state retirement systems. Strong communication skills are a must; which include the ability to assist the Coalition Partners with messaging internally to their members and externally to the legislature and the public.
*The Iowa Coalition for Retirement Security reserves the right to change or add duties to this position as long as the changes and/or additions are consistent with the job position.
All work product generated by, produced or otherwise created by the Director for the Iowa Coalition for Retirement Security is of a proprietary nature and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of the Coalition. The position of Director is a confidential position and all information of whatever kind shall remain confidential.
The Coalition for Retirement Security does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.